September 23, 2007

Day 545: TV and tantrums

Last night I was entirely convinced I had the sweetest, smartest, most lovely baby in the entire world. She was dancing, she was giggling, she was making silly faces and giving away sloppy kisses. Fast forward to this morning, she's a little monster. And I don't mean that in an adoring motherly way, like "Oh, look at my silly little monster." I mean she's down right miserable. Seems somebody woke up on the wrong side of the crib. I shouldn't judge her, I guess, I wake up in a bad mood some mornings, too. Maybe she was up all night pacing the mattress worrying about bills and renovations and the fact that the highlight of her life these days is the upcoming TV season. Oh wait, or maybe that was me.

It could have something to do with the fact that she also woke up with a rash all over her body. Or they could be two totally unrelated issues. See how much I have learned in 18 months of motherhood? I've learned that sometimes nothing makes any sense! Back to the rash, though, I cannot figure out where it came from. Unless she snuck off in the middle of the night and rolled around in poison ivy. But that is a stretch, even for her. So I'm just hoping it goes away, and it takes her bad little attitude with it.

Now, let's talk about that TV season, shall we? The Office! Prison Break! House! I suppose even Grey's, although that Meredith gets on my last nerve, and Izzy's not much better. But who I am kidding, I will be watching of course. Is it impossibly pathetic and sad that premiere week is, with the possible exception of Christmas, my favourite week of the year? Never mind, don't answer that. Happy viewing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobbi Lynn said...

Poor Maddie! I hope the rash goes away soon, and her mood takes a turn for the better.

I am also super excited about the new TV season!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Helena-Anne said...

Hi Caroyln. I likr your blog a lot so I decided to make my own, I've just started.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. The begining of the fall TV season is one of my favorite times of year! Or in Jan. when all the shows come back from winter hiatus. So can't wait for the 27th... The Office premiere baby!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home