November 19, 2007

Day 593: She's saying Mom! (Now how do I get her to stop?)

Sorry for the stretch between posts, I've been sick, sick, sick. Nothing serious, don't worry (and I know you were about to), just one of those things that drags on endlessly and makes you wish that you could stay in bed all week. Which of course you can't, because there is a toddler jumping in her crib down the hall, pounding on the walls and more than ready to start the day.

Ah, the pre-baby sick day. How I miss it. Lying on the couch under sea of blankets with a 2 litre bottle of Ginger Ale and a bucket of ice cream; letting out the occasional sickly moan just in case anybody in the house has forgotten just how ill and deserving of sympathy you are. Good times.

Maddie is of course not at all sympathetic. Yesterday I was dragging my sorry self along with a ton of groceries from the car - something that she never offers to help with, might I add - while she stood banging on the gate to the house and yelling "MOM! MOM! MOM!" at the top of her lungs. Geez, give me a break, kid!

Oh yes, and she has just recently started saying "mom" and a select few other words. I have been wary of sharing that news because I haven't wanted to jinx it. But it seems that we may be on the road to talking after all - I guess she's just taking the slow route.

Of course, like everything else it is a bit of a mixed blessing. While I am thrilled to hear her say "mom" she seems to only use it when she's mad at me - which, as it turns out, is pretty often! "MOM!" (You left the cupboard door open again!), "MOM!" (you know I don't like carrots this week!), "MOM!" (how dare you step out of my direct line of vision!) She's always after me about something.

Well, the Advil/Sudafed combination is kicking in, so that's my cue to sign off!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bobbi Lynn said...

I'm so happy she's saying Mom! :) Yay for Maddie!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) congrats to maddie and you also.

3:28 AM  
Blogger desertmom said...

heyyy!
finally i get to see a pic of one my my fav blog writers , :) but wait....... i cant see you clearly .. :). No probs :) now i have an idea of how mad's mom looks like :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger michelle hays said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Im anxiously waiting for my little girl to speak. She has a speach delay. Will her webpage link show? Katy's page link

If it doesnt show the link then this is the URL-

http://www.ourbabynews.com/katyhays

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home