December 10, 2007

Day 614: Time well wasted

Mommy needs a nap. I am pooped.

The holidays are barely upon us and already I feel the need to pack up and hibernate for a couple of weeks. I am so unprepared for Christmas this year. Let’s compile a virtual checklist, shall we?

  • Shopping: After getting off to an impressively early start, I've since hit the mall wall.
  • Cards: Haven't started them. In fact, haven't even bought them.
  • Mailing: It helps to have bought the gift first before mailing it. So, no. (If you're expecting a package from me... um, it's going to be late.)
  • Baking: Ha! Yeah, right. As if I bake.
  • Decorating: While I've considered throwing tinsel over the table saw and that mountain of paint cans that sit in the middle of my kitchen I haven't managed it just yet.
  • Renovations: Ongoing. Endlessly, ceaselessly, painstakingly ongoing.



If I've left a few dozen things off the list that is because I have entirely forgotten about them. Did I mention the fact that we're hosting 20 people for Christmas dinner this Friday night? And that the stove is not yet working? Is it true that you can't serve turkey raw, or is that just an old wives' tale?

So in light of the fact that I have accomplished next to nothing, I really have no right to be this exhausted! I guess thinking about all of the things I've neglected doing has worn me right out.

And of course this weekend, instead of buckling down and getting started I instead took Maddie to the market where we sat and watched our breath in the cold air and bit the legs off of gingerbread men and chased after a family of ducks. It was a great day. I guess there really is such a thing as time well wasted!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger desertmom said...

Dont worry u'll throw a great dinner party. How True,Spending time with our kids in any form or activity is usually never a waste :).

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home